Please reach out to us if you cannot find an answer to your question by clicking the message icon in the bottom right corner.
We operate closed classes for a few reasons, including minimising distractions to all students and child safety, we ask that parents and guardians only drop off and pick up their children each class. If it is your first week we, of course, want you to feel comfortable and relaxed, so parents or guardians can stay to make sure the student fits in ok. We will have a viewing week towards the end of each term where parents and guardians can come in and watch!
● Hip Hop & Breakdancing – It’s about freedom! As long as your shoes are enclosed and your dressed with comfort, you’re ready to start Hip Hop!
● Acrobatics, Cheerleading, and Circus Dance – Leggings, shorts and a fitted top or a leotard is preferred, and the best bit – bare feet!
● Jazz & Contemporary Lyrical Classes– Kicks, turns, and jumps all need flexible clothing so tights and a fitted top work best for this style. You are welcome to wear jazz shoes or sockets in this class.
Dance Fitness – Think Gym. Normal exercise wear, with sneakers, BYO matt and towel.
Each StreetTread term follows the same pattern as school terms and can run from 9 – 11 week blocks. Billing will always be for 10 weeks. This evens out over different length terms during the year. Where we have extra curricula activities this may shorten the term as we work on these events like an end of year showcase.
Any time during term is a great time to start at StreetTread. We build on routines in our classes but we learn new things every week too to keep the kids challenged and having fun!
Our classes are run from the Bulimba Community Centre on the Corner of Barramul and Stuart Street, Bulimba. Parking is available at the centre or on the street.
There are no refunds or credits for missed classes. Students can choose to join in on any other class that StreetTread have in their timetable, in their suitable age group, within the same term. This must be pre-arranged with the teachers prior to taking the make up class.
We are all about flexibility and freedom at StreetTread. We understand that time is valuable for our families and we don’t ever want to create more pressures and commitments with gradings and exams. Our end of year shows are about everyone participating in a fun environment to entertain rather than learning a dance to perfection. It helps students confidence, introduces them to problem solve situations and be themselves while learning about entertaining.
· Intro to Acrobatic dance – Minimum 4 years old
· Level 1 Acrobatic dance – Minimum 6 years old with a basic understanding of handstands, forward rolls, cartwheels, and handstands.
· Level 2 Acrobatic dance – Minimum 8 years old and ability to demonstrate a strong handstand, cartwheel, forward and backward roll, back bends from standing, and kicking over from bridge.
· Level 3 Acrobatic dance – Minimum 10 years old and ability to demonstrate forward or backward walkovers, handstand forward rolls, round offs, strong side splits and split jumps, and have a general knowledge of front handsprings. Sound level of partner/group lift work.
· Level 4 Acrobatic dance – Minimum 12 years old and ability to demonstrate forward and backward walkovers, strong round off, sound front handsprings, front and side splits, strong split jumps, and general knowledge of aerial flip.
· Level 5/6 Acrobatic dance – Minimum 12 years old and ability to demonstrate strong handstand and handstand walking, strong flexibility, strong front and back walkovers, front and back handsprings, front or side aerials. Strong level of partner/group lift work needed for this level.
· Competitive Acrobatics Team – It’s time to take those amazing skills to the streets! In this class we will perfect our skills in a routine that we will take to compete against other studios. This class must be taken alongside another Acrobatics class at StreetTread and an audition is required to be accepted into the team.